Dec 2, 2011

Advent Journeys

We investigated the places in the Nativity story and labeled a large piece of craft paper with Nazareth, Bethlehem & Egypt (after Christmas). Ren drew Nazareth houses and embellishments to the "road" from Nazareth to Bethlehem. I drew some city life in Bethlehem as well as a stable location. Then we put contact paper over the road and Advent candle markers to help pace out the journey. I then copied a picture of Mary on the donkey from a children's Christmas book (ah, someday there will be more colored ink) which we colored in and put contact paper on both sides. Using tape, we stuck it on. Each day, it moves a little farther.

The candles marks were added later. I have also seen where one could put a dot for each day. My brilliant friend EC has a gorgeous one at her house. I'll see if I can get a photo.

the green is the shepherds meadow with some shepherds (copied from the same book) hanging out. We also colored some angels and added glitter glue. When the big day comes, we will put them on. Soon after Christmas day there will be another, probably shorter, path to Egypt.

No comments: