Mar 9, 2010

Y Stress - Tues, Mar 9

So, we are still trying the Childwatch at the Y. On Monday, I went in and stayed with Ren for a half hour then we went swimming. Today, even though she was upset, I left to simply go to the bathroom. The Childwatch bathrooms there are, conveniently, child height and some work for an adult to squat without major exposure. She cried until I came back and was looking sad out the window. Ah, it just broke my heart so I started to cry and then we left. At this point, I am not sure how to proceed. Just baby steps, no rush, and no need to push if it won't work. There are many workout avenues. Admittedly, the room is a little bare and it was hard for me to get excited about the activity level she would have. The good news is that there is a 2 hr max, so no parent can really "dump" there kiddo. The staff tried to reassure me and I was just a mess. Geez.

So, one idea is to bring a friend with her so there is at least one familiar face for play. Maybe we'll try that. Again, I really don't have the stress energy to spend on this and will happily try other avenues if this doesn't work.

No comments: