Dec 20, 2007

Holiday Questions

I received this as a forward from my delightful brother and thought I'd share with you...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? For Christmas, wrapping paper - all other holidays get gift bags

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial and very small ( 2 ft). In fact, it is kind of leaning. Time for a new tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? 1st or 2nd week of December

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years

5. Do you like egg nog? YES – eggnog latte’s too

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm, having a hard time here. The disappointing gifts seem to resonate more than the great ones…isn’t that sad. Well, probably $$ - the big check.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! I even have the wise men away from the holy family and they get closer as Epiphany approaches.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Yup, dad.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Neil – he has a very manageable and prompt Christmas list every year.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail - usually late

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh geez, I got a make your own make up kit from Santa – icky. Suitcases. Suitcases are such a “you now get boring adult presents” gift.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I get the list of lists.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yeah – lots. Usually the candle/candy gift bags.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge and Divinity

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? For Unto Us a Child is Born from Handel’s Messiah

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year stay home and hide

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? I think so…I might need some eggnog first. Maybe a hot buttered rum.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Snowflake, actually, but it is star like.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Sadly, in past years with just the hubby and I, we’d open gifts as they arrive in the mail. Yes, shocking. This year, however, we’ll open them at least after Christmas Eve morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Christmas music that starts in October. People who really overspend and spend the rest of the year paying it off – that is nuts and irresponsible.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? snowflakes

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ok, I like turkey or ham or whatever, but I have to tell about a horrible Christmas Eve dinner. I was dating this Italian guy whose family lived on the East coast. His family would eat fish on Christmas Eve. There isn’t a fresh fish to be found in central Pennsylvania, but they’d eat ‘em anyway. The whole house would smell like old fish. It stank and tasted horrible. What a ho ho horrible dinner. I think I ate a salad and everyone looked at me like I was a granola freak. Yeah, me the freak. Oh well.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My husband to clean up any and all messes he will make including the enormous one from opening this gifts. (Why you ask?? He asked for bike tools and knew that they were actually coming so he started bugging me about getting them early. Bugging and bugging and bugging. SO, when they came, I took them to my friend’s house and individually wrapped each tool. I thought about using duct tape, but nah. Unwrapping should take at least 30 minutes.

What are your answers?

No comments: